At Florida Knife, we offer contract laser cutting services for a wide range of ferrous and non-ferrous metals to produce knife blanks and other parts and components. Laser cutting enables us to produce unique shapes and profiles required with OEM replacement parts.
Our Laser Cutting Metal Capabilities
Our laser cutting equipment accommodates a variety of metals to meet the varying needs of our customers. The metals for which we have the capacity for laser cutting include:
- Steel and steel alloys (e.g., carbon, stainless, mild, spring, and tool)
For these metals, we offer the following laser cutting capabilities:
- XYZ working range: 48 inches (X) by 48 inches (Y) by 3.5 inches (Z)
- Cutting thicknesses: Mild Steel – .375 inches; Aluminum – .25 inches; Copper and Brass – .25 inches; Titanium – .125 inches
- Tolerance: +/- .002 inches
- Supported drawing types: .dxf, .ai, .dwg, .hpgl, .jpg, .bmp, .tif, and Gerber
For a comprehensive list of Laser Cutting Metal capabilities refer to our Specifications Table below.
We provide different types of Laser Cutting Metal processes applied based on the material type and requirements, Flame, Fusion, Sublimation and Laser Drilling, each can be assisted with inert gases to boost the energy or ensure the edges are oxide free.
|Laser Type||4000 Watt Fiber Laser Cutting System
1000 Watt CO2 Laser Cutting System
Advanced vision systems for cut registrations,
vision targets and auto-scaling
Gas Assist Cutting for Clean Edges